Designed for mountaineering and glacier travel emergencies, the Omega 1" REVO Ice Pulley excels at hauling or rigging the classic rescuer's 3:1 system.
- An economical and compact design makes the REVO Ice perfect for everyday use on the water.
- Crafted with anodized aircraft-grade aluminum side plates that rotate for easy in line rope installation.
- Prusik-minded 'micro' pulley is extremely lightweight, weighing in at only 51grams.
When it comes to rescue, you may have to recover your boat or someone else’s boat in the event someone capsizes.
In this situation, an efficient mechanism for retrieving a boat is required, you will need to set up a Z Drag with two pulleys.
If a carabiner only set up is used, not only is it less efficient, but you may run into issues with friction that affects your rope.
The Z Drag Rescue setup with pulleys requires;
- Two pulleys
- Four carabiners
- 2 Prusik loops
- An anchor rope or webbing
- One rope used to haul in the object you are after.
The diagram below shows how to rig a Z Drag setup using two pulleys, used for swiftwater rescue and climbing situations.
Z Drag setup using two pulleys